Our huge 2-bedroom sea-view Villa Marina has serious Wow factor! Its Beach Road address only hints at how close the ocean is.
The panoramic windows tell all, with waves crashing the shoreline only about 30 metres from the front door!
The shiny new high-quality interiors are super-chic with touches of design brilliance in a palate of black and white. Being in the Golden Mile of Mouille Point (very expensive real estate) it tops the list of desirable locations for a Cape Town holiday apartment.
A great location is nothing without the comforts of home and Villa Marina gives you the works in terms of quality and style. It’s on the second floor of a smart apartment block with a doorkeeper on duty in the entrance. You are going to want to leap into the lovely king-size beds and admire the hand-selected furniture and fabrics from top local designers.
The ocean traffic is mesmerising and you can watch ships line up at sea awaiting their turn to dock in Cape Town Harbour. All this from your bed or sofa! If you can tear yourself away, there is a TV with satellite channels.
Beach Road is renowned for popular restaurants and cafés and a seaside promenade that stretches for 3km. Right behind the apartment (with a view from 2nd bedroom) is Greenpoint Park and Cape Town Stadium making a grand impression.
Here’s a Facilities Summary for Villa Marina…
• Free Wifi
• 2 bedrooms both with king or twin beds
• 2 shower bathrooms with Moroccan tile floors and double vanities
• Gorgeous wooden floors
• Huge fully-equipped kitchen with 5-plate Smeg hob & oven
• Nespresso Coffee Machine
• Washing machine
• Granite-top breakfast bar island
• 4-seater dining table
• Comfy sea-facing lounge with leather sofa
• TV with full satellite channels (if you can take your eyes away from the view)
• Amenities: safe, hairdryer, iron, board, shower gel, soap, shaver plugs
• Private inside parking, plus free street parking
• Personal Meet & Greet
This area is a wonderful mixture of tres chic and slightly sporty (joggers and bikers along the promenade) and as with everywhere in Cape Town, casual and relaxed. There are a great choice of popular cafes and restaurants along Beach Road and in the neighbourhood, which could include V&A Waterfront since it's only 1.5km away.
Here's my little Guide to Getting Around:
5-15 Minute Walk to: V&A Waterfront, Seapoint Promenade, Cape Town Stadium, Greenpoint Park, Granger Bay, City Sightseeing Bus stops, restaurants and cafés and hotels.
5-10 Minute Drive to: Table Mountain cableway, Signal Hill, Lion’s Head, Robben Island Ferry, Camps Bay and Clifton Beaches, Theatre on the Bay, Castle of Good Hope, City Hall & Grand Parade, Flower Market, Slave Lodge, Greenmarket Square, St George’s Cathedral, St George’s Mall, Long Street (bars & shops), Company’s Gardens, SA Museum, National Art Gallery, Planetarium, Parliament, Fugard Theatre, Artscape Theatre, CTICC Convention Centre, District 6 Museum, Bree Street and Kloof Street (restaurants, cafés & boutiques), Mount Nelson Hotel, Grand Daddy Hotel rooftop bar and open-air cinema.
15-30 Minute Drive to: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Constantia Winelands, Hout Bay Beach & Mariner’s Wharf, Chapman’s Peak Scenic Drive, Blouberg (iconic Table Mountain view from across the bay), Cape Town International Airport.
30 Minutes – 1 hour drive: Stellenbosch Winelands, Muizenberg Beach (best surf beach), Kalk Bay (quirky shops & seafood restaurants), Fish Hoek Beach (best for swimming & sandcastles), Simon’s Town, Boulders Penguins, Noordhoek & Kommetjie beach horserides, Cape Point Vineyards (& Thursday Market 4.30-8.30pm), Silvermine Nature Reserve (hikes and swim in mountain dam).
1 hour +: Franschhoek & Paarl Winelands, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point, Scarborough scenic drive, West Coast: National Park, !Khwa-tu San Cultural Centre, Langebaan lagoon.
The open-top City Sightseeing bus stops just around the corner.
You have your own dedicated parking bay and it's very easy to just drive along the beautiful coast road to visit south peninsula sights such as Constantia Winelands, Cape Point, etc.
Standard in All Properties
Check in times
Check In: 03:00 PM
Check Out: 10:00 AM
Some features of this website need to store information about your visit. This is used only to provide service to you, is never shared with anyone else and is deleted when no longer needed.
You have not yet told us if we can collect Personally Identifiable Information about you
You must consent to us storing this data for you to be able to make bookings on this site. Regardless of whether or not you consent to your data being stored, we will store a cookie on your computer to tell us whether or not you have opted in. This helps us to ensure that we do not constantly ask you whether or not you want to opt in or out and it does not contain any Personally Identifiable Information (PII). If you change your mind you can visit the "App permissions" page at any time to opt in or out.
The information is stored for different time periods depending on the nature of your visit. So, if you are just looking around we will store approximate geographical location (country level) information. If you perform searches, then to make search forms more user friendly we will store the last things you searched on. This information is typically stored for a maximum of 24 hours and is only used to make your visit more pleasant.
When you make a booking with us, by necessity more information is stored.
- The technicalites of the booking form are captured and retained for a maximum of 60 days. This is required so that On Request bookings can be turned into full bookings once a booking is approved, and for analysis by our teams in case there is an issue with a booking. If you were not logged in when you made a booking then we will email you a username and password so that you can view your booking history and exercise your Right To Be Forgotten (RTBF) if you wish to do that.
- Data entered into the booking form, for example name, email address, real address is stored for a maximum of 365 days after the booking's departure date. This information is stored in encrypted form in our database so that only authorised people can view it. If you make a booking then by law we must store your PII whilst the booking is valid. Once the booking has completed, either because it has been cancelled or you have been checked out, then you will be able to exercise your RTBF by logging in and visiting the "Your data" page. Invoice information for completed bookings will still be securely stored in our database to ensure that we abide by relevant tax laws but you will be able to remove all other PII after the booking is completed.
- When you consent to your information being stored as described above, we are legally obliged to store this consent in our database. This information will include your IP number and the content of the opt-in form. We will retain this consent notification indefinately (this is a legal requirement).